Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The End - The Beginning: A Backwards Journey

      So, most stories start at the beginning, but this one is going to start at the end. I cannot explain how the last 2 years of my life have changed dramatically. I have definitely been on a journey to "find" myself as a person, a wife, a teacher, and mostly as a "skinny" person. It sounds ridiculous, but being skinny is not something I am used to yet. I still struggle with wearing a size 6 and understanding that this is my body, and that I can actually buy a shirt and not have to hide inside it. I am now much more confident and secure than I ever have been, although not as much as I could be. I hope to be able to inspire others with my story, and give them my advice and experiences in order to help them become a better person inside and out.
       So, while this is 'The End', it is actually 'The Beginning' of a new ME. A new chance to love my body and respect it enough to not try and abuse it with fattening food and laziness. I appreciate how much of a support system I have had over the last 2 years (and before); I cannot imagine how hard it must've been to live with a cranky fat girl who was trying desperately to lose weight, eating mostly veggies and salad. So, I hope that as you read my journey, you will be able to relate to me, becuase, believe me, I totally get it. I get the late night snack cravings; I get the need for junior mints in your popcorn, and I get the idea that "the dryer must've shrunk my jeans";

No comments:

Post a Comment